Sunday, November 4, 2012
Week 14
I am planning on writing a lot of stuff down in order to keep my family updated as well as for my own personal records of what happened and how I felt during my pregnancy. So don't feel bad if you don't read or comment on everything.
It is Sunday, November 4th 2012. As of last friday the 2nd I was 14 weeks along. So far here is what I've experienced from start to finish.
My Doctor told me I would be needing fertility drugs to get pregnant because of irregular ovation (sorry if that's too much details...) So I went to the Doctor and got the meds she recommended as well as the fact that I would be needing to get blood work on certain days, take the pills on exact days, possibly up dosage again and again in order to get it to work. Adam was going to have to get his sperm counted in order to rule out that the problem in fact relied only with me and a lot of other stressful things I was going to have to keep track of.
So the Doc said I needed to start the meds after my next period started. So I waited for it to start, then I waited some more. Then I told my sister Amy how it was going to take so much time for us to conceive and all the procedures that may have to be done. She said, "are you pregnant?" and I said Amy did you not just listen to how difficult it's going to be? No i'm not pregnant I haven't even started the meds yet. Well my period still hadn't started and before I went into see the doc again I took a pregnancy test like she told me because of the small chance that I could be. And... it was positive. It was the faintest pink line I had ever seen. I came out of the bathroom, held it up to Adam and said "what do you think this it?" and we both looked at each other and said "you think?" So I waited and took one the next morning. It was positive again. Adam said "you better take another one" So I took one that night too. All were really faint yet still positive. I ran into the bedroom and jumped on Adam and this time thrust the positive sign in Adam's face and had a grin like the Cheshire Cat that wouldn't go away.
We spent the next couple of days asking each other if it was "for real". Then about 3 days later the morning sickness kicked in. I don't know why they call it that it's really all day sickness. This worried Adam a lot because I would just be sitting on the couch ready to go to work and then have to make a mad dash to the bathroom and he would come in and say "what just happened?" Also, my sense of smell kicked up about 30 notches. We would go for a walk and I would just start gagging and say "Did you smell that?" To which he would answer "Leslie there's nothing to smell."
At my first Doctor's appointment I was expecting to be only about 6 weeks along. So was very surprised when the doctor guessed 8 weeks. This got Adam very stressed out because it was right in the middle of his finals week for winter semester. (oops)
The week after we had our first ultrasound and was wrather pleased to discover we were actually one week further along so by this time i was 10 weeks putting the due date right after Adams finals (hopefully the little sea monkey comes on time or a little late). The computer screen was turned away from me the entire time but I loved watching Adams face as he watched the ultrasound. At one point he turns to me and says "he's dancin!" His arms are going swish, swish, swish (with added motions )
Then she finally turned the screen toward me and let me see him for the first time (by the way we are calling seamonkey a him because we don't like saying "it") it was amazing, I kept saying looking how chunky he is already, I couldn't believe that there was actually something there. Adam looked right at me and said "well, guess you're not faking it." Thanks hon.
We decided we were going to wait to tell anyone until I was 12 weeks along to be on the safe side. But.... Adam's whole family was getting together for our niece's baby blessing so we decided to share the news early. I made a shirt for Adam which on one side said " I make good babies" and on the back said "proof coming 2013" and we taped what unfolded.
My parents didn't get a very cool way of finding out. sorry :( I simply emailed the pictures of adam wearing his shirt, woke them up at he butt crack of dawn and got them to look at their email by telling them I desperately needed their help with a talk I was going to give that day. To make a long story short they were very tired and called me back a few hours later after they had woken up to talk about how excited they really were. Side note, this is going to be Adam's parent's 8th grand child and my parent's first.
Last week Adam came to my appointment with me and we got to hear the heart beat for the first time, it was REALLY fast so my mom thinks it's a girl (even tho I'm pretty sure all baby heart beats are fast, just sayin')
So now here we are 14 weeks in. My morning sickness has gone from throwing up everyday to about 2 to 3 times a week. I was craving chips and salsa for about a week but that's really the only thing that I have craved. My favorite junk food treat that I thought I would be craving all the time, swiss rolls, the baby doesn't like which makes me very sad. Other than that I have been having very vivid dreams about ninjas, dinasours, and several dreams about my sister Amy, one of which she killed me in :/
Other than that I have noticed that I can see my heart beat in my stomach... Don't know if it has always been like that but I watch it a lot more now like it's sea monkey that's moving and not my heart beat. Is that weird? oh well...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats Leslie!!! that is fantastic news :) I am so excited for you two! Hope you start feeling better soon....
ReplyDelete