Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So I have been slacking on an update, but not my diet!

So it has been roughly 3 weeks since I started my diet to lose weight for Amy's wedding. I weighed myself today and have so far lost 5.5 pounds. May not seem much for 3 weeks but I'm really excited. I have been able to notice clothes fit differently and I feel better already as well. It's been hard because I basically dream of food and spend a lot of time looking through recipes (P.S. found this great website called foodgawker which I spent all my spare time on now looking at amazing food) so i will get a craving for something that will last days and days. I feel like I"m in this constant battle against food. My main diet has been consisting of yogurt or eggs for breakfast, slim fast shake or salad for lunch and some sort of chicken or salad for dinner. Also, I don't hate myself if I slip once in a while. I just tell myself not to pig out too much if I do and that it doesn't have to ruin everything, just accept the fact that I ate something I shouldn't have or too much of something and do better the next day.
I also haven't quite gotten into the habit of working out as often as I should either. I could use the excuse that it is hard to get into a schedule because I don't have any sort of set schedule for work (being a temp) but it would be easy to work around it. I just need to do it.
Anyway, other than that life has been good. Adam has been getting a lot of homework from school. For example, he had over 10 assignments due today in just one class. And it's not cause he was procrastinating. He had all his assignments that had been given completed just last night. It's crazy how many hours every day he has been spending on each class. I know I felt like that when I was in Hygiene school but he's still working on his bachelors, I feel like it shouldn't be this hard until he gets into his program. I"m just glad he's doing so well.
well, that's it for now. If anyone has any good low cal low carb recipes they would like to share with me I would greatly appreciate it. And I will try and be more diligent with my updates and my workouts :)

1 comment:

  1. I've actually noticed how hard you've been working, and you look awesome. You always do :) I'm always in for creating new food recipes. Have you tried any from the recipe book mom got us?

    ReplyDelete