Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's A Cliche, I Am Aware....

It's New Years Eve and my new years resolution is to lose 20 pounds by April 12. Why this date you may ask? Because this is the day my favorite and only Sister will be getting married. As the Maid of Honor I feel I have a duty to look good in the pictures she will have for her entire life, plus.... I really need to lose the extra weight I've gained since being married.

So anyway, I figure I will keep myself accountable by blogging. I will not tell you how much I weigh but I will weigh myself weekly and post the results. Adam said he would help me but for him that may mean he is sitting next to me eating pizza and ice cream and telling me I shouldn't have any, which doesn't really feel like helping at the moment. However in his defense he did go grocery shopping for good food with me today and helped me make turkey burgers with pineapple and salad. It was really good!

Aside from eating healthier I need to make full use of my Gold's Gym membership, so if anyone has one and would like to be my work out buddy then that would be a-mazing:)

There is also talk in my family of putting money into a pool because there are many of us who would like to get in shape for the wedding. This would be nice especially if it is something substantial because let's face it. No one likes to lose money and we all like to win it ;)


In other news.....

Adam and I went to Seattle for Christmas this year which was awesome not just because it was nice to be home but because everyone was there. Amy was there with her new fiance Cole who fits in great with the fam and was so fun to hang out there. Plus this will be the last Christmas we get with my brother Kaiden before he goes on his mission (his call should arrive in the next couple of weeks).

We had sooo much fun. We have a lot of traditions in my family from baking a million different kinds of cookies and treats (which we did ding dong ditching with), to playing christmas gestures, singing christmas songs around the piano, new pajamas on christmas eve, and lots and lots of card playing.

So thanks everyone for making my Christmas one of the best and I wish you all a happy new year! Oh and if you could yell at me if I start slacking on the new years resolution.... I would be very appreciative.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment