Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 16, Awake Since 2:30 AM

So we are at week 16, according to my week by week pregnancy book I can no longer lay on my back due to too much pressure on my aorta from the baby. Maybe that's why it is currently 4 A.M. and I have already taken a shower this morning and watched half a movie. Usually I fall asleep at like 8 or 9 so I'm not too surprised when I wake up early. But last night I fell asleep at like 11 which is super late for me lately. So why am I wide awake? Guess only baby knows. Also according to my book my baby is now covered in hair to keep it warm, it looks like a very tiny ape:) it's about 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 inches long and weighs about 2 3/4 ounces (80 grams). Apparently this is about the earliest I can start to feel the baby move, haven't yet but definitely excited to. No we don't know the sex yet. I believe we will wait to find out the gender until we do the anatomy ultrasound which is at 20 weeks. People keep asking if we have a preference and I know it's cliche but seriously all I hope for is a healthy baby. My book although is very helpful has more pages in each chapter about possible birth defects, complications and just plain out scary stuff then anything else it seems. Yes, it's always good to be prepared but it sure does raise the anxiety levels. So I think I actually am more excited for the anatomy part of the ultrasound than finding out the sex. Maybe excited isn't the right word but definitely ready. In other news.... Adam and I got a new place yesterday. Two bedroom with washer and dryer hook ups and a real fire place :) It's not too far from where we are now, probably five minutes by car. It's in a house that has been turned into a duplex one on top one on bottom. we are on the top which I'm pretty happy about. sorry to our neighbors in advance for future crying baby :) It's gonna be a little hectic trying to move in on the 30 because we will be in mesquite just about all of next week and then I work full time the week of the 30th and Adam has two major tests that week. Guess it will have to work tho, hopefully we have lots of people willing to help since Adam won't let me carry anything heavy (hint, hint) :) Well I think that's about it for this week. I'm taking more belly pictures tomorrow so I will add them later. til next week....

2 comments:

  1. Such a good idea to keep track of your pregnancy like this! I'm sure you'll be so glad you did. And I like hearing about it too :)

    ReplyDelete