Monday, February 18, 2013

WEEK 29

So last week was Valentines Day. Adam surprised me with Roses (which I can't imagine ever getting tired of, but this was a first so it was very sweet), and KRISPY KREME! We had to celebrate on Wednesday because I worked Thursday. We had a great night in with homemade garlic/red pepper chicken pasta with garlic bread and sparkling cider:) Nothing fancy, just a romantic night with my hubby. Also this week the mattress for the crib came so guess who set it all up while Adam was at school? This girl! It took me almost 3 hours to get the whole crib set up with the sheet set I had bought a few weeks ago on ebay. As you can see we have decided to go with the monkey theme for our little sea monkey :) So the nursery is slowly coming together, I love going into that room and imagining rocking her to sleep and dressing her and even just watching her sleep.

This post won't be very long this week so let's end on how pregnancy itself is going. Sleeplessness is getting worse. However, I think I've figured out that it's not so much that I'm uncomfortable but that I can't breathe. My book said that with the extra blood volume and just swelling of your body that this will also include your nasal passages. So it feels like my nose is constantly stuffed. This (as well as weight gain and new sleep positions) have lead to me snoring like a wilder-beast. As well as drying out my mouth and throat. Then the snoring wakes me up or wakes Adam up who then wakes me up to get me to roll over and stop snoring (for only a minute so he can go back to sleep...) I've tried using a xylitol and saline solution nose spray (xylitol is a product I know about from work, it's kind of an antibiotic sugar, the bacteria can't digest it so it kills it) but it hasn't helped and I'm not sure if I should be using anything stronger.

But for some more happy news about pregnancy, I have recently started calling the baby a shark because she pokes her head up on one side of my belly and runs it along to the other side and it makes me think of a shark fin coming out of the water and skimming through as it gets ready to dive and hunt :) She has also started to kick my bladder as I'm peeing which is the weirdest sensation ever. I have started pregnancy brain, I almost went to the store in my slippers the other day, Adam had a pretty good laugh. And I often will be talking and feel like words just fall out of my head. And lastly, I have started hitting patient in the head with my belly and I'm not sure if I should apologize or just pretend it didn't happen..... Til next week, bye.

1 comment:

  1. Try breathe right strips to open your nose up ( they really work) and a cool mist humidifier (a really good one , not the ones that blow air across a wet filter- not enough moisture) right next to you at night. More constant moisture than the saline and such.

    ReplyDelete