Holy crap! Only 12 weeks left! Then again sometimes it feels like... Holy crap! 3 more months of this! Depending on my mood :) And I know this sounds nuts but I DO NOT want her to come early because if she does then it will be right during Adam's finals :-/
Sooo... Week 28, she is almost 3 pounds now and is about 15 inches long from head to foot. That's over a foot of baby in my belly for those of you who don't know, just sayin'. This week Adam found my first stretch mark on my belly, it's tiny and looks more like a tiny vericose vein than a stretch mark to me but Adam says it's a stretch mark. Also, I finally got some zantac for my heartburn, works best when i take tums with it because it's not so good on the immediate relief but does a pretty good job once it kicks in. I also have NOT been sleeping well, the getting up to pee in the middle of the night has started. I get up, pee, drink some more water and pop a tums. Adam came in the room one morning and goes " I know what you did last night" (not really but this way is funnier) he basically told me he could follow what I did at night because I leave evidence, open cabinets, half drunken cups of water and tums on the counter. I toss and turn constantly and am trying to find the best way to lay. I find myself waking up on my back and I'm not suppose to lay on my back so I have started wedging my body pillow under one side of my body so I'm still kind of on my back and kind of on my side... it only works for a while. I have steal my pillow away from Adam cause he likes to cuddle with it too, but I can't help having to turn over constantly because my hips start ache from all the pressure on them laying like that. I grabbed my phone at 4 in the morning to check the time a couple of nights ago and thought "man I probably won't sleep well for the next 12 weeks," then this big booming voice in my head goes "Yeah, cause the baby is gonna let you sleep, Idiot." Guess it's a good thing I'm getting use to it... It kind of hit me that I have a child in my belly. My book had a drawing of a baby at 28 weeks and it looked like a baby, skinny and small but still. She could survive if born right now, she's like a little tiny human already it's crazy!
Also, this week we finally got our crib :) It wouldn't fit in our car so we had to get help from Adam's brother (thanks Jared) to pick it up for us. I love it! It's cherry wood, sturdy, great back board that will eventually become the head board of her toddler bed. AND best of all. It was on sale :)
Second best purchase this week, a onesie for when she is six months old that says "I love my uncle" so we can send a picture to my brother Kaiden who is on his mission in Peru right now. Can't believe she will be a year when he gets home. Other than that I just want to say how great Adam has been, he is very protective of me and doesn't make me feel silly for always needing him to hold on to me when we walk near ice, or when I need help standing up and when we set up the baby's dresser he didn't get mad at me while I sat in my rocker and told him how to put together the 200 different pieces. I did help put together the drawers, but they turned out crooked :) Also, thanks Mom for sitting at your sewing machine for the last two weeks creating onesies, blankets, SHOES (yes shoes, which Jerilyn would like a pair of :) and a million other things.
Sorry this was so long. That's all this week. Next week: Week 29.
I wanted Sydnie to come after her due date too, but she didn't get the message! I hope Olivia is more obedient to her mother. I love your thought "It kind of hit me I have a child in my belly"! It is so true, I remember that reality check many times. It is a surreal experience having a human growing inside you. :) And YES, YES I desire your mother to share her sewing shoe skills with us!! too cute
ReplyDelete