Saturday, January 5, 2013

Weeks 22 and 23, Christmas and New Years

Let's see... The past couple of weeks have been pretty steady, not sick, or bloating or waking up at crazy hours. The only thing is I get heart burn/acid reflux every day. I take tums just about everyday and can't snack too late at night and have to stay away from things high in sodium for dinner cause I've noticed that makes it worse. Also, I burp all the time! Before eating, while eating, after eating, it's pretty gross but it seems like Adam has never been prouder (weirdo). I know it's a wives tale that your baby will have lots of hair if you have bad heart burn but I'm hoping it's true, it would make it a little more bearable to know that my little girl will not be confused with a boy when born. I was a pretty bald baby and the photo that I just barely got to see of Adam as a baby was bald on top and old man fuzz along the sides and back :) I asked Adam to cut my toe nails for me the other day because it is uncomfortable to bend over that far. I did not realize it would be such a hilarious experience.... The whole time Adam is saying: I can't even get the clippers over the nail it's soo thick!, OH MY GOSH it just hit me in the eye!, This is the hardest thing I've ever had to do! Ha ha guess those prenatals are working :) Then he takes my hand and starts chewing on my nails trying to bite them off and goes "oh my gosh can I just like gnaw on these suckers for a while? It's not like it'll damage them at all." So there are perks to taking prenatals to me as well although my eye lashes do seem thinner which is really buggin' me... What else has happened... OH! I was at work and this woman walks up to me and takes her pointer finger and SCRATCHES my belly while she says "oh your belly is getting so cute." Who does that!? who scratches (let alone touches) a pregnant woman's belly? Want me to pat yours and say "boy that pot belly is really comin along hu?" Needless to say I am not okay with the touching. Last week was Christmas and we went down to Mesquite to be with Adam's fam. Trish and her family got the flu so they couldn't make it til the next weekend and Alicia's fiance also got the flu so she could only come for a day by herself. Jerilyn and Jared had christmas with their families so it was just us, Adam's parents, Isaac and his family and Alicia. Christmas morning we got up pretty early and started to open presents, Adam and I were SPOILED this year! For each other we got a new washer and dryer (yay) and then we got everything we wanted from everyone else. I even got stuff for Olivia:) Adam got me this outfit for her that has monkeys all over it, even the feet are little monkeys and it comes with the softest blanket that is pink on one side and the prettiest blue on the other. We spent the rest of the week down there shopping and hanging with his fam. Monday was new years eve and I had to work but only til 2 then I headed over to Jerily's to help Adam babysit because it was her birthday. When they got back we spent that night with them and had homemade pizza with martenelli's and awesome ice cream birthday cake! We left before midnight but at home I was able to stay up til 11:45, that's pretty good for me right now. At 12 Adam woke me up for a new years kiss and then I promptly fell asleep again:) Well that's all for now, sign on next week folks for another great week of me feeling like crap for the happiest reason of all :)

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your updates! Heart burn is such a pain. I had it so bad during pregnancy that if I drank water even, it would come on. Tums barely helped so I took meds every day and still had to be careful about what to eat. Not fun. Plus, Miley is still trying to grow some hair! :) and I hated when people touched my belly too.. Super awkward for me. So excited to meet your sweet baby girl though!! Are you feeling her move tons and seeing your belly move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is moving all the time! Haven't seen my belly move at all but she did kick Adam in the head once:)

    ReplyDelete