Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week 24

Week 24
I didn't work much this week so I had a lot of time with just me and baby or me, Adam and baby (when he wasn't at school). I started to watch my belly when she was kicking and have discovered it's pretty much the most entertaining thing ever. My whole belly moves to the side she's kicking me on. Adam is starting to feel her better because she is so much stronger. His most common phrase now is "What is she doing in there!?" I have also discovered that she loves music, specifically Paramore. I was taking a bath with the music going and noticed she was moving a ton! Later that day I had Pandora playing on my kindle and she was kicking the whole time while Paramore was playing, then the Killers and Panic at the Disco came on and she stopped until Paramore came on again. Adam disagrees with me and thinks she didn't like it which is why she was kicking but was soothed to the other songs (but really who is soothed by The Killers and Panic At The Disco?...) I also had my 24 week check up with the doc this week. He measured me and said it was just about perfect. Just about? Whatever I know this little girl is perfect :) So I have gained total 12 pounds in this pregnancy, may not seem like a ton but to those of you who are not pregnant can you imagine gaining 12 pounds in like 3 months (since you don't really gain much in the first 3)? Plus, I still have 3 and a half months to go and this baby is going to get about 7 times bigger than she is right now cause she is only a little over a pound currently. My goal was to gain only 25, seems impossible at the moment. My doctor did say I'm on the right path for it..... I guess we will see. What else, this week I actually haven't been suffering from heart burn which is nice, just hiccups :) I got a huge craving for fruit this week so my diet has been: cutie oranges, fruit salad, applesauce, fruit cups, spinach salad with mandarin oranges and strawberries, fruit leather, and other stuff too but that's a lot of fruit for me. Oh and lots and lot of milk. We already go through a ton of milk because Adam has milk with E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G but this week we have gone through five gallons of milk and are currently on our sixth. My point is, a lot of fruit and milk this week for me. For those of you who are in Utah you know we got a lot of snow this weekend. My wonderful husband shoveled the snow from our long driveway and walkways quite a few times. The first time I even helped him, this might sound stupid but it made me feel really good to help cause he's been soo good to me and doing so much for me including offering to go to the grocery store at ten at night. It also made me feel like even tho I'm pregnant I'm not useless. These are the pictures I took of Adam after he got done shoveling, check out those sweat stains :)
As I mentioned, Adam started school this week so he has been getting up at around six. He is NOT a morning person:) He is taking quite the load this semester and he has fallen asleep just about every day at 2 o'clock for a nice long nap. He even has classes on Saturday and plans to continue to do UFIT which is a program through the university where he is paired up with a child who has autism. He has done this several times and really enjoys being with these kids. I think this weekend I have watched more football than I can ever remember watching before. The Denver vs Baltimore, San Fran vs. Green Bay and Seattle Vs. Atlanta then Patriots vs Texans. There were even more during the middle of the week. To sum that up I was sadly disappointed to see the Sea Hawks lose but glad to see Adam's team the 49ers win. The last thing I will mention is for christmas my sister (because she had been reading my blog) tried to replicate my broken mantel decorations which I was so sad about breaking. These pictures are the result. The ones on the left are the wedding present with the sea shells from our honeymoon and the ones of the right are miscellaneous vases and the vase from my sister with pictures of us from Dixie and Sand from Dixie we got when we graduated as well as more shells from my sister.
Well, again that's all this week. Talk to you at the end of week 25.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it doesnt match at all! Im sorry. Maybe you can move it somewhere else :) or just enjoy it lol. I dont know

    ReplyDelete