Sunday, December 23, 2012
Week 21
Well this week didn't start out too exciting.... I had food poisoning last weekend (mild, but still not fun). So that was my weekend apart from baby sitting with Adam on Friday our niece and nephew, Devon and Ellie on Friday and then our little nieces, Sydney and Maddie on Saturday. Adam got sick a little but not as bad as I did.
As far as baby goes this week She has been very active and Adam has felt her almost everyday. One night after we had fallen asleep Adam placed his hand on my stomach and baby immediately starts punching him to get out of her space or just say hi (who really knows) it lasted so long I had to tell him to take his hand off me so I could go back to sleep. Oh and this week I've been getting pretty bad reflux, it's a tums every night kind of week. There is an old wives tale that says this means your baby will be born with a lot of hair but Adam and I were both pretty bald so probably not, sorry baby....
To fast forward a couple days... The apartment below us is getting renovated right now and they decided to paint without telling us and we share the same vent systems so we got all of the fumes, it got so bad it forced us out of the apartment and gave poor Adam a pretty bad headache. Thanks Devo and Becca for taking us in that night. We made dinner for them to make up for it that night and they made delicious cheese cake which they gave more of to us to take home and which Adam ate but was nice enough to share a bite or two.
Well, Thursday Adam's sister, Jerilyn, and I decided to have a baking day because it is a tradition in both sides of our family and she wasn't going to be with hers this year and I wasn't going to be with mine. It was a lot of fun, I tried to get my niece Maddie to help me stir the batter and when I got some on my finger she promptly licked it off :) We made pretzels dipped in caramel and chocolate, oreo cookies, peanut butter cookies filled with fudge, and caramel corn.
While we were baking, our apartment manager called and told us they would be using something called ozone in the apartment below us to help with smoke damage that was present. We told them that would be fine because we would be gone all day. Well Friday came and we got another call saying they didn't do it while we were gone and were going to do it that day instead (while we were home). Now I'm not an expert I just know what Adam has told me but Ozone is not something you wonna breathe it can be very bad for your respiratory system. We told them we wanted them to wait til we were out of the house and they said that's fine we just have to turn it off. They had ALREADY started it! I was not happy! at least they agreed to stop.
So yesterday we watched Maddie and Sydney again and Sydney is starting to eat baby food. I had her up on the counter in her chair while I was making her mixed fruit and oatmeal and I placed the bowl next to her so i could grab a bib. As soon as I placed it there she dropped the bottle she had been holding into it which threw all of the contents all over me and all over the wall. Adam enjoyed telling people it was poop all over me instead of fruit but that's the most damage it did :/ But then later that night we went to the temple lights and really enjoyed seeing all the detail put into the display as well as the reaction of Maddie and Sydney. Thanks Jerilyn and Spencer for the invite! Well that concluded week 21 (technically saturday is week 22 but whatever this is MY blog). Til next week. Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment