Friday, December 14, 2012

Week 20. It's A .........

This week was our 20 week ultrasound. First of all my appointment slip said "do not pee for two hours before your appointment. One hour before your appointment you need to drink 1 1/2 quarts of water (which is 6 cups)." So I just about puke trying to suck down all that water at once but oddly enough it wasn't that bad. I mean I obviously had to pee but it wasn't painful or feel like I was gonna pee my pants. But...once they bring us back into the ultra sound room and the second they put the wand on my stomach the tech goes "I'm gonna need you to go empty your bladder" and so I say how much and she goes "as full as your bladder is you can completely empty it and it will just fill right back up so have at it." Well so much for following the directions..... stupid. Now onto the good stuff. The first thing we saw was the babies head. She took measurements of the brain, then the belly and then pointed out this big black hole in the babies belly which is it's stomach and its black because its filled with amniotic fluid which it swallows and then pees and then swallows again. She informed me that my amniotic fluid is simply baby pee, sterile, but pee. The baby was laying out flat on my placenta like it was a large body pillow and had one arm up by it's face and the other over it's chest. This made seeing a couple things difficult at first but for the most part the baby was pretty accommodating. We got to see both of the hands, feet, arms and legs and I loved seeing the bones oddly enough because they look like little tiny tooth picks :) Okay so enough of the suspense. First of all Adam and I have been saying the baby is a boy and then when we got to the waiting room we both go "I think they're gonna say its a girl," so the tech pauses on an image and says "It's a GIRL.". Baby Olivia is right on schedule for May 3rd, we couldn't be happier. I did start to cry a little but definitely tears of joy. The rest of the ultrasound was checking the spine, the chambers of the heart and the umbilical cord placement. We had to move her a couple times so on the DVD they sent home with us you can see what appears to be an earth quake as the tech attempted to jiggle her into the right spot. Oh and I forgot to mention that Adam was very proud of the fact that she only had her legs open for a second before she quickly closed them like a good little girl :) Let's see, other than the ultrasound this week which was amazing! I'm positive that Adam was able to feel her kick. He was making fun of me because I was twitching as I was falling asleep and he had his hand on my belly when he felt the baby which he then said "just like her mom she twitches when she sleeps." So some of the things I want to mention before I forget. A few nights ago Adam and I were watching TV, it was about 10:30 at night and I snuck off to eat something. I pulled out the left over cold spaghetti and start eating it out of the container. When I hear Adam just busting up laughing, I look over and he says "please, please let me take a picture of you!" What can I say I was hungry. Also, I have had laughing fits for the past 3 days in a row, the kind where you start to cry and can't breathe because you are laughing so hard. Well the last one was just this morning. Adam starts a smack war with me (in the face, not hard I promise) And he gets further and further away from me until the last time I reach out for his face and he smacks his head against the wall and when he looks at me he has this shocked look on his face and snot running down his face and he goes "You Smacked The Snot Out of Me!" Oh I don't think I have ever laughed so hard before! Well that's it for this week. Check back in next week, nothing exciting planned but hopefully something will happen. Til next week.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on having a baby GIRL! Leslie that is so exciting. I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete