Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week 37 & 38ish or something like that...

Leslie has been getting lazier. Something about growing a baby in her uterus or something. She said something about how I don't listen to her enough or something... I don't know I wasn't really paying attention. She always likes to tell me stuff when I'm playing my video games, and most of the time I'm not listening unless I pause it and look at her. I'm sure I really pay off it one of these times because she'll tell me, "I'm gonna go shopping and spend $1000 on baby stuff!" I'll be like, "oh okay, that's nice." and just continue playing not thinking about it. Until she comes home with a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, I think we've pretty much got EVERYTHING we need for our little Olivia. So Leslie is really for her to come out now! I wouldn't appreciate that very much right now though, since I have one homework assignment left, a regular test and four finals coming up within the next 10 days. I've still have a lot of studying and note preparing to do before then as well. Nevertheless, I'm excited that this semester is coming to a close, mostly because our little Olivia is going to be showing up sooner after (if everything goes to plan).

I do feel really bad for Leslie right now cause she's not really sleeping at night, so on her days off, she takes random naps throughout the day. I took a 2 hour nap with her today (Saturday) after I got home from my class in Murray, UT. I probably would have napped longer, but I didn't have my ear plugs in and she snored really loud and woke me up. :P It's just funny now because Obviously, Leslie never use to snore until she hit about 25 or 30 weeks along.

I don't think I realized how much sacrifice went into just simply being pregnant and preparing for the first baby. I gives me a new appreciation for what my parents went through and I was the 6th of 7! I must publicly thank my parents for being amazing! Olivia is truly going to be blessed to have such Amazing Grandparents on both sides!

Well Leslie is planning on making these blogs from pregnancy into a book for Olivia, so she wanted me to say what it's like for me, what my favorite parts about pregnancy have been, what I'm looking forward to, or if I'm nervous about anything, and possible my feelings about this journey.

I honestly think the guy has it pretty easy when it comes to pregnancy, I mean I'll I did was help start the process. :P I don't feel like I've really had to sacrifice much, especially compared to all the stuff that Leslie has gone through. I mean I still remember sleeping, and being woke up by Leslie puking in the bathroom because she was just trying to brush her teeth before having to go to work. And this was EVERY morning for at least a month or two! Now she gets heartburn EVERY night, and she has to take tums and a Zantac before going to bed, and sometimes she'll wake up and have to take some more tums during the night. That's the most difficult part for me, not having the ability to help Leslie feel more comfortable lately. I don't like to feel helpless.

My favorite part about Leslie being pregnant is when she gets really tired, she gets giggly! So I'll say something silly or "accidentally" hurt myself, and she will have what I like to call a Laugh Attack! She laughs so hard and long that she starts to cry, and starts to have trouble breathing (good thing I'm CPR/First aid certified now). I love it! She is so cute when she laughs! And she laughs at stuff only a little kid would laugh at (sometimes). I also LOVE feeling Olivia move inside Leslie belly! I think it's the most amazing thing. I can't believe very soon I will be able to hold her in my arms! It's surreal!

I'm not really nervous about the process of birth. Mostly because I think Leslie is going to be awesome! The only thing that worries me is that I'll what to help her with breathing, feeling more comfortable, and stuff like that before the birth, and she won't want to listen to me. Other than that I have faith everything will work out the way it's supposed to in the grand scheme of things.

Overall, I think Leslie and I have done a good job at Enjoying the Journey of pregnancy! The doctor mentioned to Leslie in our last appointment, "At least you're both still smiling! I see a lot of expecting mothers come in here at 38 weeks, and the mom is tired, irritated, and just ready for it to be over with." I took it as the best compliment yet! I've done my best to help Leslie the best way I can. We are happy and we do enjoy spending time with each other! And to all Leslie's classmates from hygiene school, We've been married for 3 1/2 years and I still go to the grocery store with her EVERY time! Is this true love? I submit, YES! :)

Well that's all I got for ya'll. Hopefully only two more weeks to go... Thanks for reading and I hope it was enjoyable for ya! Until next time! Tchau!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading these posts!! As for going to the grocery store....I always send Jake!! Ha ha. He does the cooking so he knows what he needs to buy and doesn't need to buy. Plus I hate going to the store. Sometimes I try to be a good wife and go with him, but I'm just annoyed the whole time!! I try to plan it out so we walk from the front to the back or the back to the front, only visiting each aisle once. Jake "forgets" stuff and has to go down the same aisle five times or waits until we are at the front of the store and suddenly remembers something he forgot to get in the back of the store. So. Annoying. So good for you guys!! lol.

    ReplyDelete