Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weeks 32 and 33

I am 33 weeks along. I am starting to swell, everywhere. I have two stretch marks, one on each side of my butt because apparently it has decided to try and act as a counter weight so I don't fall over. I wake up with heart burn at 1:30 every night. My waddle is so bad now that everyone comments on it. My belly is so far out that people feel that it is no longer a part of me and therefor free game for touching.  But, when I feel her move, when she gets hiccups, when she hits Adam in the face cause he's in her space, and when I think about being able to actually hold her in my arms, it's all worth it. It's all totally worth it.

Last week my wonderful mother came down to throw a baby shower for me. She did so much and my aunt Susan and cousins helped a ton! It turned out amazing, so many people came. Nice to see how many people care and are supporting you. My mom made this amazing white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and my favorite cookies, Mexican wedding cookies.
Thank you to all of those who came and those who couldn't come as well because I know you would if you could.

 Last week Adam was holding me around my stomach while she was kicking. He whispers "I'm jealous you get to feel her all the time, when she gets here I get more time with her." Adam has been so amazing, he's excited, he's supportive and more than helpful. He has become a fantastic liar (should I be worried?) because everyday he tells me how good I look :)

 My niece Maddie has started to rub my belly when she sees me and just says "belly," I don't mind when she does it :)

I finally got my Glucose test this week. It should have been done over 5 weeks ago but with switching doctors and having to be rescheduled multiple times..... It actually didn't taste too bad but I still almost threw it up, it just doesn't sit well.  They took two vials of blood because the lab tech had to send it to a different lab for insurance reasons and didn't know which way they would test it. Then I had to pee on a stick and the Doc said it didn't detect high amounts of sugar or anything so he said the blood work would probably be fine.  When he was measuring me he said he felt a head down by my pelvic bone which is probably normal but made me start thinking about going into labor early. Like I said, that is not allowed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I missed your shower but I didn't want to give you a side order of stomach flu with your gift! Everyone else here was sick and I ended up getting in on Sunday so probably good I didn't come. I might be able to drop off your gift next weekend. It's exciting how soon she'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I lived there in Utah so I could have come to celebrate your new baby girl! I'm so happy for you Leslie. You are going to be such a fantastic Mom. And speaking of Mom's, that cake that your mom made sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete